Wednesday 10 October 2012

Queen of Hearts

So whilst sitting in our caravan bored, I decided to have a little go at painting my nails.  I really needed something to hide my cracking nails (and I don't mean in the good way), as for some reason they just keep splitting.  If you have any tips on how to stop this, please please please let me know!!

Yup, so anyway, I decided why not see if I could do a teeny tiny little pattern on my nails, and here it is:



Yeah yeah, so it's nothing special, but I was impressed (I'm easily impressed), and it gives my otherwise plain nails just something a little bit different.
Basically, its a base coat of Barry M's Blue Moon, and then just 5 different nail polishes I had lying around (mainly Barry M) for the hearts.  I don't have any fancy nail pens (yet...) so I made good use of what was lying around, and in this case it was a bent out paper clip.  Oh thats right, office stationary really can be exciting... yup, just take your time and dip the paper clip end into the nail varnish and build up the shape with a series of small dots.

And there ladies and gentlemen is my very technical description of my nail art.

Stay sexy,



10 comments:

  1. Cute!
    Love it!

    X
    http://dipitblack.wordpress.com

    P.s. I follow you on Bloglovin' now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I'm not sure how good I would be at it but I'm tempted to give it a try.

    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that blue moon color! i wish i could do such cute designs on my nails but have to stick to boring solid colors (corporate work environment and all!)

    thanks for visiting my little bloggy - i love yours!

    thesecondbestareveryexpensive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute nails!! Nice blog!! Maybe you would like to follow each other on facebook and gfc? Let me know dear <3
    Kisses Demi
    Demi's Canvas on Facebook
    Demi's Canvas

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! l love your nails!

    http://slidingdrawersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute! I can't believe you did them with a paper clip!
    xx mili

    callmemaeby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Can't believe you did this with a paper clip - I'm really impressed! Hope you come back to visit my page soon, I'm looking forward to seeing what you write next :)

    Charlie x

    Shopped and Dropped

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cute! I absolutely love your blog! I'm following you and I'd love it if you could follow me back? Anyway, keep up the amazing work! Felicity x

    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look super cute! My nails are so flaky and damaged it's awful, i blame wearing acrylics for ages but now i need a Michele product! Let me know if you find anything good :)
    Rachelle x
    inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute :)

    Love xx
    Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

    ReplyDelete