Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Little Something That Made Me Smile

I started this blog about one month ago after having a look at a couple of blogs and thinking 'I could give that a go, put my weird brain and sarcastic remarks to good use', and so I did, and this is what has been born out of that one little thought...
But I never expected to already have 20 lovely people follow what I'm doing have loads of amazing comments and now have someone nominate me for a Liebster Award.

This lovely someone is Lizzie Beth from Look to Find, and she has very kindly nominated me for this award, and to prove it, here it is:




Thank you very much Lizzie Beth (Look To Find) for nominating me for this award and for brightening what was otherwise a fairly dull day at the office. Yes, I may look slightly mental smiling to myself at my desk, but I don't care :)

And here my little lovelies is the vital statistics on the Liebster award:

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome and here are the rules:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions set for you then create 11 questions for the people your nominated bloggers
- Choose up to 11 people and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them

So, here for your reading please are 11 facts about me:


11. I have 1 sister, Rhian, who is two years younger than me, despite the fact that apparently we look it, we are not twins, otherwise this would have been the longest labour in history!

22. I was born on the 31st August in the night, which means I was the youngest in my year; had I been born a few minutes later I would have been in the next school year, which would have meant I’d have led a completely different life, different friends etc… The mind boggles

33. I have a cat called Peggy who only has one tooth and cannot meow….

44. My favourite film is Beetlejuice, I dread to think how many times I have watched it

55. When I was little I always wanted to be a vet, but after spending a week at a vetinary surgery on work experience I realized a place where you would have to put animals down was not the place for me, as an animal lover, to spend the rest of my days.

66. I studied Mathematics at university.  Knowing what I know now I would have taken a different course, I still have no idea what course this would have been mind

77. I really want a Newfoundland dog, but practicality wise, until I have a bigger house, I’ll have to wait for one of these gorgeous animals 



88. The first record I ever owned was by Cyndi Lauper, I still love her now!

99. My favourite food in Indian, I think I could eat curry everyday!

110. One of my aims in life is to visit the seven wonders of the world, I’ve seen Chichen Itza, one down six more to go.

111. I am very excited for Christmas this year, I can’t wait to put a tree up in my very own house for the first time ever :)




And now, in keeping with the rules of the competition (we should always follow the rules), here are the answers to Miss Lizzie Beths questions:

1. If you were given £1000, how would you spend it?
I would put it towards a holiday to China. Oooorrrrr…. Have a massive shopping spree up in London, depends on how shallow I was feeling

2. Which Disney character do you most identify with?
Cinderella, because I know how she felt with the ugly sisters… only joking Rhian :)

3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
“You can only do your best”, which my mam always used to say to me before every exam I took; it would annoy me at the time, but it does make sense.

4. Gold or silver?
Gold, always gold!!

5. Who is your
favourite author and why?
Lesley Pearce.  Every book follows the life of a different person and tells their story right the way through.  I love how you feel like you really know the character and watch them grow as you read through the book.  Please check her books out, you will love them!

6. If you could change one thing about your life at the moment what would you change?
My job, I would be working for myself, I have no idea what exactly my business would be, but the most important thing is that it would be mine!

7. Something you've learnt recently...
It doesn’t matter where we go in the world, people will always ask if me and my sister are twins…

8. If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
To freeze time.  I used to be a massive Charmed fan, and I loved Pipers power of freezing time, it would just mean that everything in life would go on your command when your ready.

9. If you could give one tip to your former self when you started blogging what would it be?
Believe, there are plenty of really nice people out there who actually want to read your ramblings…

10. What was the first blog you ever read?
Ever So Juliet. I love this blog, it’s always got a really good happy vibe about it.  There is nothing pretentious about this blog, and that’s why I love it and always keep up to date with her goings on.  Please check out the blog here.  You’re guaranteed to love it.

11.What/Where is your happy place?
When we were little we never went abroad, but instead spent our holidays here in the UK.  My favourite place to go back to every year was Weymouth, and I still love it now :)


And so we reach, what is arguably the most important part, my nominated bloggers:

Drum roll please…

Eleanor at Unrealistic Fiasco
Mili at Call Me Maybe Call Me Maeby
Sophie at Teacup toast
Felicity at That bird

 
Yes, I have read these lovely peoples blogs and enjoyed them so much I just knew that they well deserved their place here!
Finally, here are my questions to you:

1. Do you have any secret talents?
2. What is your biggest pet peeve?
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
4. What did you always want to be when you grew up?
5. Beauty or brains? If you could only have one, which would it be?
6. Do you believe in fate? Why?
7. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
8. Do you have any tattoos? If so how many and what are they of?
9. What is your favourite song of all time?
10. Have you ever met anyone famous? Who?
11. Favourite blog?

I really hope you enjoy answering them as much as I have enjoyed answering mine!

Thanks again Lizzie Beth (Look to Find)!

Stay Cool,

8 comments:

  1. aww thank you so much! I must get around to doing this :)
    xx mili

    callmemaeby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah congratulations! Love to read your answers
    and get to know you a little better because of these :).
    I am nominated for the award too!
    Feels so special :)

    X
    http://dipitblack.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I could brighten your day at work and that you decided to post, this was so lovely to read. I just love your answer about China, I would definitely put it towards some kind of travelling adventure as well although I think mine would be Cuba :) Look forward to reading whatever you post about next xx Lizz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for tagging me!! I did a liebster award post a few months ago, don't want to bore everyone by doing it again, but honestly this means so much! :) your answers are great too! I love those dogs!!! :) and I can't believe you did Maths... you brainbox!
    thanks so much for commenting on my blog... stop by again sometime! <3
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you love! Felicity x

    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! <3 very well deserved x

    www.nostrictdresscode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I just saw this - thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I do love your blog!!! Thank you :)

      Helen

      x

      Delete