Monday 8 October 2012

A Long Way to go for a Cornish Pasty



This weekend me and my boyfriend Gary travelled down to Cornwall for our Sun holiday (minus the sun).

We've been here before but I loved it so much we decided to go there again this year, and as it is just so pretty, it didn't disappoint. 
After travelling down on Friday we headed to our deluxe accommodation for the weekend at Holywell Bay caravan park.  Ah how I love the good old caravan, there's nothing like staying somewhere where it is actually colder inside than it is out...
Over the weekend we visited Newquay, Perranporth, Truro and St Ives; and sampled all the local cuisines, Cornish Pasty, Chinese takeaway, Indian and Dominoes, as you can see, all very local dishes!  I have to say that I absolutely love St Ives, with its tiny little streets and cute cottages, it's my dream place, and given the chance, (and the loads of money it costs to buy a house there, oh and my family, job etc...) I'd be down there like a shot!

So overall, a lovely weekend away, but I won't bore you with the details of us walking around the towns and what we watched on out tiny tele, but will instead enlighten you with what I learnt this weekend:

Things I have learnt this weekend:

1. We don't have to be at home in Wales to have a dance off
2. When lying awake in the middle of the night in a caravan, birds landing and walking around on the roof do not sound like birds, especially at this time of night where rational thought is just not present.  Yup, it scared the bejeezus out of me!
3. I love my disco pants more than I originally thought, it is borderline obsession and I am considering seeking help for this.
4. Bad drainage in a shower = bath!
5. 99% of people in Cornwall own a VW camper/van. Fact!*
6. Pulling up high waist disco pants even further is not a good idea, for future reference, looking like you need to get them surgically removed is not a good idea!
7. Grass + rain = mud.
    Mud + Brogues = mess.  
Now there really is some useful maths, 3 years in university has not gone to waste!
8. Did I mention I really like disco pants?!?

*This is not a fact, it's not even remotely a statistic, it is in fact just utter rubbish...

Stay cool,


18 comments:

  1. love st ives its so beautiful! glad you had a good time :) xx

    armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. really want disco pants but they are just so expensive!! :(
    love the photos.. so beautiful!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My disco pants were from some cheap shop up in Liverpool, they cost £12.00, but you wouldn't tell them to be any different from the expensive ones,, they're all just lycra, just have a look around the cheap shops!

      x

      Delete
  3. I love this post it really made me smile. You can really hear your voice when you write, it's lovely. And the photos are beautiful, i especially like the bottom left xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I love this comment!! Keep them coming :) Thanks so much for reading and visiting my blog!

      x

      Delete
  4. you have an amazing blog! keep it up :)

    sun-driven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world my dear :).
    Would love for you to sign up to become a follower on To Live for Style.
    xoxo,
    Katie
    www.toliveforstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Helen,

    Thank you for you comment on my blog!
    I really like to read your blog! You do an amazing job!

    I follow you now!

    http://mycreativemoods.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I've been itching for a mini holiday...

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wanna visit cornwall at some point in my life, I've been very fascinated by it :D

    I'm your new follower btw, would you follow me back? u sure have a nice blog

    www.thewild-swans.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my disco pants in a way that's borderline unhealthy.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the love Helen.
    Love your outfits btw. wanna follow each other?

    lalainephotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this complication of photos. It really captures your style.

    Saini
    aweekendatlolas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great time, and LOL at your comment about the disco pants. Crack up!~

    ReplyDelete