Monday, 8 October 2012
A Long Way to go for a Cornish Pasty
This weekend me and my boyfriend Gary travelled down to Cornwall for our Sun holiday (minus the sun).
We've been here before but I loved it so much we decided to go there again this year, and as it is just so pretty, it didn't disappoint.
After travelling down on Friday we headed to our deluxe accommodation for the weekend at Holywell Bay caravan park. Ah how I love the good old caravan, there's nothing like staying somewhere where it is actually colder inside than it is out...
Over the weekend we visited Newquay, Perranporth, Truro and St Ives; and sampled all the local cuisines, Cornish Pasty, Chinese takeaway, Indian and Dominoes, as you can see, all very local dishes! I have to say that I absolutely love St Ives, with its tiny little streets and cute cottages, it's my dream place, and given the chance, (and the loads of money it costs to buy a house there, oh and my family, job etc...) I'd be down there like a shot!
So overall, a lovely weekend away, but I won't bore you with the details of us walking around the towns and what we watched on out tiny tele, but will instead enlighten you with what I learnt this weekend:
Things I have learnt this weekend:
1. We don't have to be at home in Wales to have a dance off
2. When lying awake in the middle of the night in a caravan, birds landing and walking around on the roof do not sound like birds, especially at this time of night where rational thought is just not present. Yup, it scared the bejeezus out of me!
3. I love my disco pants more than I originally thought, it is borderline obsession and I am considering seeking help for this.
4. Bad drainage in a shower = bath!
5. 99% of people in Cornwall own a VW camper/van. Fact!*
6. Pulling up high waist disco pants even further is not a good idea, for future reference, looking like you need to get them surgically removed is not a good idea!
7. Grass + rain = mud.
Mud + Brogues = mess.
Now there really is some useful maths, 3 years in university has not gone to waste!
8. Did I mention I really like disco pants?!?
*This is not a fact, it's not even remotely a statistic, it is in fact just utter rubbish...