Thursday 2 May 2013

In the Jungle


In the jungle you can sleep
With the commandments at your feet

This post’s TUNE comes from The Vines.  Ah how I used to love the Vines!  Most of their songs seem to be quite quick, but in that short amount of time they manage to fit in a whole lot of good music, and every song on each album is most definitely worth a listen.  It also helped that I used to fancy the lead singer (although looking back, I have no idea why), to be fair, back in the day, I used to think anyone with long hair and in a band was cute... Maybe things haven’t really changed that much... me, shallow?  Anywho, this is a lovely little tune, please have a listen to it here, and check out their website here.

Riiiiiiight....

 



 Dress: Miss Selfridge (via ebay)
Waistcoat: River Island (old)
Boots: New Look (Christmas prezzie)
Bag: Primark (old)
Necklace: Topshop (old)

I saw this dress on ebay and thought that looks so pretty, I can imagine it with a pair of tiny ballet shoes, floral headband, you know, looking all hippy.  Then as I went to try it on I figured it just didn’t look right.... gutted.  All that money, all four pounds of it on ebay (good old ebay), wasted because my little brain couldn’t quite picture the dress right.  But then in a moment of inspiration I grabbed out my now well used boots, stuck a waistcoat on top and bish bash bosh, I had myself a lovely little festival look....  Now all I need is a festival to go to!

I don’t normally prance around in something so short with no tights (or at least natural tights), but I figure for a festival in the sun sheeeeiiiiine (little bit of Oasis there for you), it would be perfectly acceptable, plus everyone would be so busy watching whoever was on stage that they wouldn’t notice the brilliant glow that my daz white legs were giving off.

I have to be honest, I have never been to a festival, so this is all pie in the sky crap, but I have been to enough gigs to make up for this fact, and one day I will rectify the situation, preferably by going to either Reading or Glastonbury... one day...



Finally, I can’t believe that it’s still frickin’ freezing, (well I can, this is Britain) I want it to be warm, warm I say, so that I don’t have to end up wearing a massive coat smack bang in the middle of summer... boohoo.
Anywho, blogging should now be returning to normal after the brief blip last week.  I’m slowly getting into some sort of routine, slowly, so I should start to be getting back on track.  Amen to that brother.

p.s. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter and you can now find me on WIWT.

Stay Cool,


10 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty outfit! I love the dress! xx

    http://velvet-ghost.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit!

    alittlebitsunshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love your dress!!

    http://ohadiccion.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit, love your dress!!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I haven't thought about the Vines in a while- they're really great! And I'm the same- such a sucker for long hair and a guitar :) Really loving that dress- the floral print is lovely :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty look!

    http://lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am obsessed with this outfit. Floral dress with that vest and those boots! Amazing!

    Omara
    gloriousflair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dress, so pretty! x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this dress :)

    Andra

    http://www.andradorolti.com/

    ReplyDelete