Thursday 26 September 2013

Sponsor Milly

This is serious business folks, so a serious expression is required!

Ok, I know this is gonna sound a little goody-two-shoes-ish but hear me out. 



I’m not your average sentimental old fool, well at least I wasn’t until recently.  I certainly wouldn’t have cried at films, something on tv or something soppy like this.  But since we lost George (It's Rained Ever Since) I’ve definitely become one of those people.  Now admittedly I’ve always been a sucker for animals, and I guess maybe I lied a second ago as the only film I have ever cried at was ‘Marley and Me’.  However, since George, I find myself getting all emotional at anything a bit weepy, mainly anything to do with animals, like I said, I’m a sucker for them.  But every now and again there is something else that will pull at the old heart strings.


Recently I posted my bucket list.  I done this after stumbling across a little blog (I say little, it has over 16 thousand followers) on the internet all about one girl’s dreams and goals that she wanted to reach before she died.  Alice though was only 17 and she had terminal cancer.  Unfortunately she had already lost her battle by the time I found this page, and had sadly passed away in January of this year.



This blog is Alice’s Bucket List, please please please go and check it out, and I’m sure you will then feel the exact same way that I do.  I dare you to read through her posts and not shed a tear, I was an emotional wreck!


Since passing away her sister Milly has been occasionally updating the blog and fundraising in honor of Alice’s Charity, Alice’s Escapes.


This October, between the 17th and 27th, Milly will be climbing Kilimanjaro to fundraise for the charity.


Basically what I’m asking you good good people is to help and donate to Alice and Milly’s cause, which you can do so HERE.


I have no connection to Alice or Milly, but as a fellow blogger and a person with a heart I wanted to help out in any way I could.  I’ve donated £5, it’s not a massive amount, but if we all done the same thing we could break Milly’s target and send the funds through the roof.


Sorry for this preachy little post, but heck, it's my blog and I'll do what I want :)


P.s, heres the link again to donate:




Thank you!!!


5 comments: