Friday 14 February 2014

Thou Shalt Always Kill

                                                 "Thou shalt not read NME.
                 Thou shalt not stop liking a band just because they've become popular."


This post's TUNE comes from Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip.  I promised I would have a little bit of Mr Scroobius pip (ooh err) up on my blog soon, and indeed I am not a liar, proof!  Scroobius Pip's lyrics are something else, he describes hs style as the spoken word and quite frankly I couldn't have put it any finer myself.  Every song tells a story, and not just any story, deep, dark messages that you really need to pay attention to and take in every word to really get inside Pip's head.  I cannot give higher praise to such a talented pair, oh and go and see them live if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed!!

p.s.  This is just a song title, I'm not condoning violence here!  Peace and love man, peace and love!

Catch the song here, and give this fantastic little duo here.

Righteo then, where were we, ah yes, an outfit...




Denim Borg Jacket: Primark (£18.00)
Stachel: Camden Market (old)
Monk Shoes: Asos (old)
Cardi: H&M (old)
Blouse: Primark (£8.00)
Hat: Primark (£1.00)
Trousers: Topshop (old)
Scarf: Dorothy Perkins (old)

Have you ever worn something, thought it looked pretty good and then got back home, looked at yourself in the mirror again and thought, 'what the f*ck was I thinking?'.  Well, I guess this is kind of how I feel about this outfit after trying to take a reasonably good picture of it.  Naturally it doesn't help that I done this with the wind and rain blowing in my face the whole time, so I can say I'm particularly looking my best.  Anywho, I chucked this on yesterday, done a spot of shopping in Cardiff on my day off and then came home and took these pictures.  Right now I'm looking at myself thinking why do you have so many layers on that it looks like your clothes are trying to eat you?  But at least it was warm.

Despite this in theory I do like this outfit, I think maybe I need to tone down on the layers maybe, who knows, I'll try something similar again and get a good honest opinion before I walk out the door.  My hat is new, Primark one pound, can't go wrong really can you and it kept my head damn cosy all day, along with the scarf which always keeps me toasty!!  Although maybe a bit too toasty as at one point I turned to my sister and told her that I was 'literally sweating my tits off', what can I say, I'm classy.

The rest of the outfit, well, the trousers are from Topshop quite a while ago, they are pretty tight, is it me or is Topshop sixes like a million times smaller than everyone else equivalent, or at least thats what I keep telling ymself in my head.  The blouse is new from Primark, and I really love the pruple, I think it goes well with my green cords, maybe not so much with the leopard print cardi though that you can see sticking out underneath.

Finally chuck my Borg jacket on, my trusted Asos Monk shoes and my faithful Camden stachel and I was good to go.

So like I said, I wore this shopping, and whilst doing so I found the exact jacket I was looking for, however it was a Mens size XS, and I didn't really know whether it was ok to buy it.  Have you ever bought anything Men's or boys?  I'm just trying to get a feel of how much of an oddball I would be if I buy this coat!  Here's the link for the jacket from Bank, let my know what you think: Hove Jacket

p.s. I edit all my pics with PicMonkey.

Stay Cool,




15 comments:

  1. Amazing outfit! I love your style :3 You look perfect as usual dear!
    Happy Valentine's day!

    ❤✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely casual outfit - I love your bag :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is fabulous! Goes perfectly with the purple beanie and shirt. :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip are amazing ! saw them live in 2011 was fab. Love your scarf it's a great tartan pattern
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk
    Support my Photography Project here !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a really lovely outfit! It's perfect for the awkward transition from winter to spring, where it's too cold for just one layer, but also too warm for a full on parka haha!
    Really great blog and thanks for checking out mine! (:

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that scarf!! haha and yes I have worn outfits out and when I got home or seen photos of myself on facebook its just like oh... doesn't look as great as I thought haha!!
    Xx
    Madeleine | Madeleine in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bag! It's so stunning
    Mahsa xx
    mahsak.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look! Loving the plaid scarf especially. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Dan le Sac song - it's like someone is reciting poetry whilst going mental on a tiny Casio keyboard:-) Thanks for the heads up lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit! the scarf is amazing! xx

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all the rich colours in this outfit Helen! Also how cute are your shoes?!? Lianne xx
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable outfit! Love your scarf.

    Yes, I do have those moments...have you ever gone back to earlier blog posts wanting to delete them. Gahhh! I've had some fashion nightmares in my day! haha

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this outfit! the scarf looks so cozy. and I do the same exact thing about changing my mind about an outfit. it's the worst when you go home after a long day, look in the mirror, and say "and I thought this looked good?!"
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete