Sunday 1 December 2013

Pegasus




No, I’m not going to talk about the mythical creature Pegasus, so don’t panic, I haven’t gone completely mental and am about to start living out a little fantasy world whereby I tell you all about my how the wee little leprechauns are my friends...


Enough of that!


Ok, so I have decided that my blog is the perfect reason to make sure I take loads and loads of pictures, and not just of myself!  So yup, I would like to fill photo albums, something I always say but never do as I never bother taking the photos in the first place, and on the rare occasion that I do remember to take them I hardly ever get them printed.  But these things shall be changing; I’m gonna start sorting my photos, printing them out and then sticking them in albums.  In fact, to make sure I do it, I’m gonna write a blog post on it.  What a way to motivate yourself ‘ey, public humiliation to the world wide web if you don’t get it done. 


Anywho, so let’s get back to what this post was originally aimed at, my beautiful little Kit Cat Peggy.




About two years ago my boyfriend moved up to my home town and into a little house.  Almost straight away this little cat appeared at the doorway and at the window every day.  She was very thin and had matted hair all over her and was generally very dirty.  As she is a long haired cat she needs loads of brushing every day, and it was clear that no one had been near her with a brush in a long long time, as her matted hair had turned into knots all over her body and some even had turned in to dreadlocks (not in a cool way).  We assumed she was a stray, one that had been left behind by the previous owners.  One night we put a print out RSPCA collar on her and set her back outside.  After a little while we had a call from the next door neighbour, explaining that they occasionally fed her because her owner didn’t want her anymore and would kick her out all the time because they ‘couldn’t handle her’!  Now, Peggy is the most lovely cat I have ever come across, she follows you about the house, spends all her time sleeping on your lap and generally just purrs constantly whenever we are around; so how anyone could find her hard work is beyond me.



Anyway, to cut a long story short we rescued our beautiful little cat, fed her up cut all the knots off of her, wormed and flea’d  her and gave her all the attention she deserved, and two years on she is a happy house cat who has all the best food that money can buy (she has to have soft stuff because of her lack of teeth), and is loved to pieces.

She is most definitely one happy cat and loves us just as much as we love her.   

However, as it goes, life is a bitch, which we have found out this year.  Having lost George, my beautiful little puppy we were absolutely beyond devastated, but like I said, life is a bitch, and after taking peggy in to the vets to check on her one tooth (which she no longer has), we were told that she had oral cancer, on her tongue to be exact.

I can't describe to you how awful it is knowing that we won't have that long left with what is the most perfect like kitty cat we have ever had the pleasure of meeting, it brings me to tears just thinking about it.  If you know me, you will know that pets are like family to me, and Peggy is most definitely my little baby girl, I love her to absolute pieces.

Sometimes life is a complete bitch, all I can do is make sure Peggy knows how much she is loved.

Sorry for the sad twist to this tale, but I wanted to make sure I had a good reason to take some pictures of my beautiful beautiful little Peggy (Pegs, Pegasus, little darling, little one).


All of my pictures are edited using Picmonkey.



p.s. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter.

Love,


14 comments:

  1. Aw she is adorable! It is so lovely that you rescued her :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and photography is simply beautiful!!♥
    AIMEROSE.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww so cute!
    I really like your blog :)
    If you want to follow each other, please let me know :)

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post - your cat is so beautiful, and I'm so sorry to hear about her cancer :( I'm a complete animal lover, and I know that if anything happened to my two dogs, I'd be devastated.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog :)

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    Artstylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brought me to tears, you did such a kind thing by taking her in. I did the same thing with my cat, and I love her to death! I'm so happy to see that there are people out their that also take in stray cats, and it breaks my heart to hear that people would get rid of their poor animals like that.
    xoxo
    http://littlethingsandelephants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about the bad news. So lovely that you rescued her- she is precious! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of your cat, they look really nice, such a cutey!!
    I am following you now!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy reading since I'm a pet lover real cute the kitty its adorable.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about Pegasus. I understand what you mean about the whole not knowing how much time you have left, but trying to make her know she is loved. In 2012 we lost my childhood dog, Mollie, to a tumour that sprang up on Christmas day, then she had to be put down on January 3rd. Shortly after, we had a house fire that killed one of my cats, and left my other one in an emergency vet clinic for days. Now Cuddles (my fat survivor cat!) is old and obese, and is starting to show breathing problems. Sorry for the mega downer of a comment, but what I'm trying to say is that after losing 2 of my childhood pets so suddenly, it is comforting to know that we have time to appreciate Cuddles right until the end. I hope Pegasus holds on for a while and gives you lots of loving time together <3

    ReplyDelete